Search & Win

Friday, June 24, 2011

What we are doing this summer!

I want to keep the boys busy this summer. Henry has been wanting to do karate for a while now and I am so happy that the base has a class he can take. He had his first one on Tuesday and loved it! I cannot wait for him to get his uniform, he will look so cute! Tyler loved gymnastics in VA! I found him a class at the YMCA and he had his first on on Thursday. He was not too sure of it since the one in VA was more of a play based gymnastics and this is true gymnastics! But I know that he will gain good self esteem from it, so we are sticking with it. He did say he enjoyed that it was an all boys class! I have also signed them all up for swimming lessons at the Y. Evelyn's is a mommy and me class, and the boys are both in a beginner class. Thankfully they are in separate classes, so I get some quiet time everyday!! The boys are going to a summer camp on Wednesday mornings that started this past week. They loved the first day and cannot wait to go back. Tyler will be taking a class through the school system in July that is for Kindergartners that are going into first grade. He will ride the bus everyday! He is petrified of the bus, so we have watched it every morning as it has picked up the kids in the neighborhood. (they are still in school here till next week)! The bus driver is really nice and waves at him every morning. We have a park just down the street from our house that we have been walking to in the afternoons. Evelyn loves the slide, she can climb up the stairs by herself, but still has trouble getting her leg out from under her when she sits down to slide! I got a library card and the boys are both signed up for the summer reading program that they offer. We checked out our first 4 books a few days ago and have been reading them at night before bed. I am going to find some activities and places for us to go on the weekends as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment