Search & Win

Friday, June 24, 2011

So I had this great Idea...

I have been trying to come up with fun and free things for me to keep the kids busy this summer. Since I seem to get lost everywhere I go around here, going anywhere is not fun for me! So I decided that a few days a week we will do theme days! Today was the first one, Dinosaurs since the boys love them right now. I spent a hour last night finding a movie about dinosaurs that was not animated on Netflix. I finally found Walking With Dinosaurs. It was on BBC and rated G, so I thought it would be great! I found a really neat website, Creative Kids at Home, that has a huge section all about fun things to do to learn about dinosaurs. I also printed a few coloring pages for Henry and a few work pages for Tyler from Print Activities. I was all set! This morning I told the boys what we were going to do. They were super excited and I was excited they were into it! After breakfast I put on the movie for them to watch while I made the dough for the fossils. Within about 10 minutes, the boys were both scared and wanted to turn off the movie! So I put in an episode on Dinosaur Train from PBS! So back to the dough I went...well, apparently I did something wrong, because it never came together for me to knead it! Ok, strike #2! We did manage to do the printables, so I guess 1 out of 3 is not bad!!

I am also having this kids keep a summer journal. I bought them each a notepad that has the wide lines that they learn to write on. I plan on having them try to write what they want or have them draw a picture and then tell me what they want to say about their day. They are excited about this too!

Tomorrow we are going to try Egg Heads! I am really hoping this one turns out better than today's plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment