Search & Win

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I am done with positive reinforcement!

Ok, so this is my first rant on here! I have read and been told (like everyone else) that positive reinforcement will work a lot better than getting upset when the kids do things I don't like. While I am sure that is true in the long run, it is not for me right now! This move has been very hard on Tyler and myself. Henry is the type of person that will adapt to any situation and be just fine! Tyler and I need time to adjust and feel comfortable. We have not met anyone here yet, so the kids and I are home most of the day, unless we are at the Y. So naturally, the boys are bickering and fighting with each other a lot. Yesterday they were playing very well together and I commented to both of them that I was very proud of them for playing nice, using kind words and speaking softly. Within 30 seconds of me saying that, they were back at each others throats about something! It was so frustrating! I felt like if I had not pointed out that they were nice, they would have never known and would have kept playing nicely!

Today Tyler had a fantastic day. He smiled all day, had fun and did not cry at all! Even when he had to get of off Skype with yaya, he said goodnight and went into his room. I read them a chapter out of our book, and then it was lights out. I gave his a kiss and told him I was proud of him for having such a great day and was happy that it was getting better here for him. He immediately started crying about missing VA and his friends! I wanted to kick myself again for pointing out something! AAHH!! Being a mom is so frustrating sometimes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment