Search & Win

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Loosing Weight and Getting Healthy

After I had E I was the heaviest I had ever been! It took a while, and a lot of pushing from my mom, but I finally decided that I needed to change and get back in shape. I tried weight watchers, and it was just not for me! I did not need to sit in a meeting with some very needy people and listed to they "yeah for you's"! What I needed was to watch what I ate, be aware of what I was eating, and use portion control. It has not been easy, I LOVE FOOD!!! I have not eliminated anything from my diet, contrary to what my dad says, I can still eat rice! :-) I set a goal for myself that in a year I wanted to loose 40 pounds! I am at the halfway point, and I have lost 25 pounds! I am so excited and happy that I can wear another smaller size! I think that now that I feel like I have the eating part down, I need to start the exercise part! We joined the YMCA last week and I have been going everyday, although on Monday and Tuesdays I just take E and H to swimming lessons, so I am not working out. I think on those days I may try to do something at home to exercise. Today at the Y I even ran for 2 minutes! For me, that is a huge accomplishment! I have never been a runner, and I am thrilled that I was able to do that! I am very happy to have a friend here that can help keep me on track while we are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment