Search & Win

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Food Pyramid

Since I have been on such a mission to feed the kids healthier foods, I decided that they needed to be involved in the change. I have always given them choices as to what they want to eat at meals. Now I need to get them to choose better! So I printed the food pyramid and I found a weekly chart that they can cross off what they eat daily in each of the groups. We went over the chart together and talked about each of the groups and what was in them. I was pleasantly surprised when the both told me what groups the needed to eat more of! Of course they need to eat more veggies, and they know it! They each picked out what veggies they wanted for tomorrow and are happy and excited to do it! Tyler picked carrots and tomatoes. He likes these, so it should be a great way to start. Henry picked carrots and tomatoes. He likes carrots, tomatoes not so much! But we will start with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment