Search & Win

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Summer Fun List-as complete as it's going to get!!

Today the boys went back to school! So our summer is officially over! What a summer it was. The best we have every had! I tried to take pictures of everything that was on out list that we marked off!

Build a sandcastle

Henry worked on the castle while we were at the beach with Keith's family, 33 of them to be exact!

Go Camping
I don't have pictures of this because I did not go!! Darn the bad luck that I had to stay home with Evelyn!! Keith, Tyler and Henry went camping with the scout troop. They all had a blast!

Zoo
Again, no pics! How is it possible that with 6 adults I have no pics!! We went to the Houston Zoo with D and Pop, my Aunt Debbie, my cousin Erica and her daughter.

We also went to the Toronto Zoo. What an amazing zoo that was! We only did half of it because it was so big. By far this was the best zoo we have ever been to!
 
 

 




Sprinklers

Fishing
The boys fished while they camped with the scouts-so I have no pics! I think I need to remind Keith to take pics when I am not around!!

Baseball Game
I already blogged about that, we went to the local Newport Gulls Game.

Water Balloon Fun
My good friend Cait invited us over for some water fun. She made these super cute water sponges, water balloons and we brought the water guns and had a blast!!! The pics from this are on my phone and I need download them!

Space Camp
The boys went to space camp while we were in TX. They were both day camps and they loved it! Tyler went to Zooming Through the Universe and he loved it so much he asked it he could go another day! Lucky for him there was an opening for another day and we signed him up!! Henry went to Astronaut Training. He too loved it! They both want to go to the week long camp next year!!

Drive In Movie
I already blogged about that too! I am hoping that we can go one more time before it closes for the winter!

Swimming
I took the kids to the neighborhood pool here in RI once alone! It is just too hard to take them all and not have another pair of hands!! Evelyn thinks she can swim and it not too easy to hold onto in the pool and Tyler thinks he is an Olympic swimmer! Thankfully Henry won't go near the pool without his life jacket on!! We also swam in the pool in TX at D and Pops house. I think that kids had the most fun at Aunt Freda and Barry's "pool" They have one of those swim therapy hot tub pools! Barry turned on the water flow and the kids loved being pushed from one end to the other!

Fireworks
We had fireworks on the 4th in VA, but I think everyone loved the MI ones best! Papa got out the sparklers and later we watched the town fireworks from the farm. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved being with their cousins!

Roast Marshmallows/smores
Not sure why I put these different on the list!!! We had smores in MI with the cousins! It was a great time!!


Ride a Horse
Of course we did this at the farm! Evelyn loved it! Henry was a little unsure of the horse and decided that he did not want to ride it!


Amusement Park
We went to Kemah in TX. The kids loved the rides and even though it was drizzling most of the time, it was the best day for us to have gone. I have a few pics on my phone

Living Room Camp out
The kids-minus E-camped out in the living room at nana and papas house both nights that Tori and Aubrey were there. I am not sure what time the TV actually went off, but they had a blast!

Make Giant Bubbles
I found a recipe on pinterest to make giant bubbles! We made up a huge batch and everyone had a blast with them! Apparently I never took a pic of us playing with them! But here we are making them!

Make and fort and Sidewalk Chalk
Both of these were done at Nana's with Tori and Aubrey

Go To Michigan
We took a trip to Michigan in August. Here are some of the fun things we did

















 
 
Kayaking-Keith and the boys went Kayaking when we went to the RI Outdoor challenge. I do have pics on my phone, but I cant seem to get them to copy to the computer to post!
 
Breakfast for dinner-we do this quite often!!
 
Sparklers-we did sparklers at Yaya's on the 4th of July and at the Farm in MI with the cousins(yes, I realize the pics are fuzzy-its hard to focus when you cant see in the dark!!)
 

 
 
Go to Texas and Go to Tennessee-we had a blast at both places on our 3 week road trip!
 
Make Ice Cream-When we were in VA Uncle to and Aunt Allison brought stuff over to Yaya's and we made homemade ice cream. The kids had a blast!
 




 
Summer Reading Club-the kids all joined the reading club at the library. We read way more books than were required!!
 
Pick Berries-We went raspberry picking with Nasia, then we came home and made homemade fruit leather!
 
 
Ride a 4 wheeler-we rode one every time we went to the barn on the farm! At one point we had all 5 kids on the back!!
 
Swim in Lake Michigan-We went to the beach that Papa had always wanted to swim! It was cloudy and the water was cool, but everyone had a great time!

 
Chuck E cheese-we go there a lot!
 
Watch the Olympics-We love the Olympics!! The kids stayed up at watched the opening ceremonies. This year the favorite was archery! I love that they show sports that are not the most popular!
 
Get school supplies and school uniforms-Yaya and Papaw took the kids school shopping. Both boys picked out angry birds backpacks and lunch boxes. We then went to Providence to get uniforms. It brought back memories of getting uniforms when I was a kid!!
 
Finger Paint-we make finger paint name signs. The kids loved it...thanks to Pinterest!






 
Make Birthday Plates-The pictures are on my phone!
 
So, we may not have done everything on the list, but I think it was by far the best summer we have ever had!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment